Thursday, January 2, 2014

Starting a New Cleansing Regimen

I have suffered from acne since I was a teen. Now that I’m going on 30, I’m getting a little tired of the breakouts! I mean, COME ON, my kids are about to start breaking out and I don't want to have to share face wash!

I've tried everything from Proactive to Cetaphil and everything in between. Nothing seems to do the trick. It either doesn't do anything or I get really dried out and flaky. I end up overcompensating with moisturizers or lotions and then that completely defeats the purpose! Ay yi yi.

I believe my breakouts are stress-related more than hormonal, but I've never seen a dermatologist about it.


I bought some Dove Go Fresh soap bars today and I've heard really great things so I plan on using it for the next little while to see how my skin responds. My fingers are crossed! Wouldn't it be wonderful if I could ditch the expensive, pricey 'miracle solutions' and go with a $3 bar of soap? Yes, please!

Has anyone else had troubles with breakout “treatments”? Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment